Our Bicultural Education Programme seeks to provide opportunities for students to be immersed in activities that will enhance their global awareness and cross-cultural competencies, such as understanding the national and cultural identity, developing socio-cultural sensitivity and awareness, which are essential competencies required in the 21st century.
It is structured into four main categories:
1. Formal Curriculum [Appreciation of Chinese Culture & Chinese Painting and Calligraphy Lessons (Sec 1 & 2 students)], Tea Art Lessons (Sec 1 to 4 students)]
2. Overseas Immersion Learning Programmes to China (Selected Sec 2 & 3 students)
3. Local Cultural Learning Journeys (Malay Heritage Centre, Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall, Indian Heritage Centre)
4. Docent Training Programmes (River Hongbao Exhibition, Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall, School Heritage Centre)
5. Chinese Language Elective Programme (Sec 3 students who offer Literature in Chinese from 2020 onwards)
The Chinese Language Elective Programme at Secondary Level (CLEP-Sec) aims to nurture promising students to attain a high level of language proficiency in Chinese, and enhance their understanding of Chinese Literature. The programme also aims to develop these students to become effectively bilingual and bicultural.