Traffic Advisory for Parents and Students 2016
Dear Parents / Guardians
TRAFFIC SAFETY IN AND AROUND SCHOOL
We would like to thank you for exercising great care and concern when you drive into the school to drop off and/or pick up your child /ward. Please find the latest advisory from the Traffic Police Department here.
As there is very heavy flow of traffic in and around the school in the early morning and afternoon, here are some guidelines for your consideration :
A. Good Driving Etiquette in the School
- Drive slowly and cautiously in and out of the school, adhering to a maximum speed of 15km/h for the safety of your child/ward.
- Follow the directional arrows/signs as there are many pupils entering the school via the main gate. The speed limit in the school compound is 15km/h.
- To ensure the safety of all road users, especially pupil-pedestrians, please do not make U-turns in front of the school gate.
- Look out for and give way to pedestrians as they cross the main entrance or negotiate traffic within the school.
- As considerate parents and drivers, please allow residents’ cars to exit their houses by giving way to them should the need arise.
- Our security personnel will be around to help regulate traffic and ensure the safety of your child/ward. As such, we would appreciate if parents exercise patience and wait for their turn to move off.
B. Drop-off Points Around the School
- Kindly make all necessary arrangements with your child/ward before arriving at the drop-off points, e.g. giving your child pocket money, fixing the time to fetch your child after school etc.
You can drop your child/ward off at any of the following locations (Refer to Map 1).
- Side Gates (SG1 & SG2) along Goodman Road and Broadrick Road respectively
- Back Gate along Crescent Road
- Main Gate at Goodman Road
- Inside the School’s Compound (Refer to Section C below)
- T-junctions or cross roads (T1-T3, T4-T5, T6) along Goodman Road, Crescent-Poole Road junction and Crescent Road
Your child/ward will need to walk for a short distance on the walkways to the gates.
C. Drop-off and Pick-up Points Inside the School’s Compound (Refer to Map 1)
- You can drop your child/ward off at the porch of either Zhuopu Building (DP1) or Zhulin Building (DP2)
- In the event of traffic build-up behind drop-off point DP1, you may allow your child/ward to drop-off along the drop-off zone between DP1 and DP2 when you have ascertained it is safe to do so.
- Remind your child to exit only from the left side of your car carefully.
- While waiting to pick up your child/ward, kindly park your car in a considerate manner so as to avoid obstructing the flow of traffic. Our security personnel will be there to assist you if necessary.
- Please do not leave your car engine idling while waiting to pick up your child/ward. Under the Environment Protection and Management (Vehicular Emissions) regulations, it is an offence to leave the engine of a motor vehicle running when it is stationary for reasons other than traffic conditions. Those breaching the law can be fined up to $5,000 by NEA.
We thank you for adopting our guidelines to ensure the safe passage of yourself, your child/ward and other road users, including pupil-pedestrians while in the school compound. Every effort from you plays an important role in making the school a safer place for every student and staff.
Mr Chan Ying Yin