- About Us
Curriculum Student Development
- News, Events & Announcements
YEAR 2019 YEAR 2018 YEAR 2017 YEAR 2016
Search Results Image Panel 1 Image Panel 2
DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION (DSA-SEC) EXERCISE FOR 2018 S1 INTAKE DSA application (for non-moe school) DSA admin Image slider Events & News Announcements Achievements Partners Logo Home Banner
- Student Life
Chung Cheng High School (Main) invites all current Primary Six students (or equivalent) to apply for admission to our school in the academic year of 2018 through the Direct School Admission (DSA-Sec) exercise.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student's aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools' academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
IMPORTANT - All applications will be subjected to the following clauses:
1. Students successfully allocated to their MOE DSA-Sec schools will NOT be allowed to participate in the annual Secondary One Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools. They are expected to honour the commitment to the allocated DSA-Sec school for the entire duration of the programme.
2. They will also NOT be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results.
3. All places offered through this DSA-Sec exercise are conditional and subject to the students’ eligibility for the Express Stream, as well as to study Chinese as their Mother Tongue Language.
All applicants must satisfy the criteria as stated, and follow the procedures listed below.
A. DSA-SEC CATEGORY & CRITERIA
Applicants should have:
All candidates must attend the Selection Trials (refer to Schedule of Sports & Games Trials)
Candidates are to wear appropriate sports attire and proper shoes, and bring their own game equipment (if applicable).
2. Performing Arts
Applicants should have:
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the Auditions (refer to Schedule of Performing Arts Auditions)
Candidates are to refer to the schedule for things
to note and prepare for the auditions.
B. 3-STEP DSA-SEC APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
STEP 1: APPLICATION REGISTRATION
For applicants who are currently studying in MOE Schools:
- Please click here to submit your online application.
For applicants who are currently NOT studying in MOE Schools:
- Please obtain a REGISTRATION NUMBER (RGxxxxxxx) from MOE Customer Service Centre (CSC) in order to apply for DSA-Sec
- After obtaining the Registration Number, please click here to submit your online application.
The closing date for all DSA-Sec application registration is 3rd July 2017 (Monday).
STEP 2: TRIAL/ AUDITION
For Sports & Games CCA:
- All candidates are to attend a trial on at least one of the dates listed in the schedule.
- The Schedule of Sports & Games Trials can be downloaded here.
- Please read the remarks stated in the schedule and prepare for the trial accordingly.
For Performing Arts CCA:
- Only shortlisted candidates are required to attend an audition on one of the dates listed in the schedule. Candidates will be notified via phone call or email.
- The Schedule of Performing Arts Auditions can be downloaded here.
- Please read the remarks stated in the schedule and prepare for the audition accordingly.
Candidates will NOT be required to take any General Ability Test (GAT) or High Ability Selection Test (HAST), or equivalent, for their selection process.
STEP 3: INTERVIEW
Applicants who are further shortlisted from the selection trials or auditions in Step Two will be invited to attend an Interview.
Applicants who are attending the interview are required to submit a photocopy of the following documents:
- Primary 5 End-of-Year Examination results
- Primary 6 Mid-Year Examination results (SA1)
- Latest NAPFA test results (applicable for sports only)
- Any other supporting testimonials, documents or portfolios
All candidates shortlisted for the interview will be notified of the interview date and time via phone call or email.
C. RESULT OF DSA-SEC APPLICATION
All applicants will be informed of the result of their DSA-Sec application through a letter by 31 August 2017.
D. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For more information on DSA-Sec, please visit the MOE DSA-Sec Website:
If you have any other queries, please email us at email@example.com and indicate “DSA-Sec for S1 2018 (name of CCA)” as the subject title of the email.